Carefully read, understand and follow all information in this user manual before installing and using the swimming pool.
ABOVE GROUND POOL SAFETY: READ BEFORE INSTALLATION
FAILURE TO HEED THESE WARNINGS CAN RESULT IN PERMANENT INJURY, PARALYSIS FROM A BROKEN NECK, ELECTROCUTION OR DROWNING. THIS POOL IS NOT DESIGNED FOR DIVING OR JUMPING! DANGEROUS INJURY CAN RESULT, SHALLOW WATER!
These warnings, instructions, and safety guidelines address some common risks of water recreation, but they cannot cover all risks and dangers in all cases. Always use caution, common sense, and good judgment when enjoying any water activity. RETAIN THIS INFORMATION FOR FUTURE USE.
Your pool contains a large quantity of water and is deep enough to present inherent dangers to life and health unless the following safety rules are strictly observed. First-time users run the highest risk of injury. Make sure everyone understands and encourage all users especially children to learn how to swim. Learn Basic Life Support (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation-CPR) and refresh this knowledge regularly. Instruct all pool users, including children, what to do in case of an emergency. Keep a working phone and a list of emergency phone numbers near the pool. This can make a life-saving difference in the event of an emergency. To ensure your pool is used safely you MUST observe the following safety precautions:
- NO JUMPING OR DIVING The top rail of your pool is not a walkway and must not be used for jumping or diving. Do not permit jumping or diving into the pool from a deck or the top rail of the pool. Diving or jumping into the pool can result in serious injury.
- 2. NEVER USE THE POOL ALONE Never permit the pool to be used unless it is attended by at least one person other than the bather. Someone should always be available to lend assistance in an emergency. Designate a competent adult to supervise the pool each time it is being used. Vigilant supervision of weak swimmers and non-swimmers by a competent adult is required at all times, remembering that children under five are at the highest risk of drowning.
- NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED Never leave a child alone and unsupervised in or near the pool—not even for a second. There is no substitute for constant adult supervision.
- NO ROUGH PLAY Do not permit “rough-housing” in and around your pool. Surfaces can become slippery and hazardous when wet.
- LIGHT THE POOL AT NIGHT If the pool is used after dusk, adequate lighting must be provided. Illumination in the pool area must be sufficient to clearly judge pool depth and all features in and around the pool. For lighting recommendations, consult your local licensed electrical contractor
- RESTRICT ACCESS TO THE POOL Do not leave chairs or other furniture besides the pool that could be used by a child to climb up into the pool. Ladders must be removed whenever the pool is unattended. A fence with a lockable gate around the pool or yard is strongly recommended and may be required by law in some jurisdictions. Secure doors and windows, where applicable to prevent unauthorized access to the swimming pool. Remove all toys from the swimming pool and surrounding area when not in use to avoid attracting children to the pool. Barriers, pool covers, pool alarms, or similar safety devices are helpful aids, but they are not substitutes for continuous adult supervision.
- NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS Never drink alcoholic beverages, use any intoxicants or medication which could hinder your judgment and reflexes.
- KEEP YOUR POOL CLEAN AND SANITARY Your filter system will remove suspended particles from the water and the surface skimmer will remove insects, leaves, and other debris from the water surface. Use the correct pool chemicals as directed to destroy harmful bacteria and prevent the formation of algae. Remember, unsanitary water is a serious health hazard.
- KEEP OFF TOP LEDGES Do not walk on top ledges. They can be slippery and they are not a walkway.
- POOL COVER SAFETY The cover must have a tamperproof locking retainer cable that positions the cover around the pool wall and keeps it securely in place. Never allow anyone, especially small children on the cover. Asphyxiation or drowning could result. Be sure to remove the pool cover completely from the water surface before entering the pool. When purchasing any pool cover, please consult a swimming pool professional.
- ELECTRICAL HAZARD Never touch or attempt to service electrical equipment, including the filter when your body and/ or the ground is wet. Electrocution or permanent injury due to high voltage (120V AC) could result. The pool should be bonded per Section 680-26 of the National Electrical Code. For further assistance contact your dealer or a local licensed electrician. Do not use the pool during electrical or rainstorms.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT Keep a safety rope 1/4" by 50" with a flotation buoy with an outside diameter of 15". Have accessible in a prominent area by your pool. Keep a pole not less than 16 feet (4,88m) long with a blunt or hook end available at the poolside in case of emergencies. Weak swimmers and non-swimmers should wear personal protection equipment when using the pool.
- POOL CHEMICALS Store pool chemicals out of the reach of children. Do not place chlorine, chlorine tablets, or sticks directly into the skimmer, or winterize your pool with liquid chlorine. Damage to the skimmer, pool liner, and filter will result. Failure to obey this instruction will void all component warranties. Always follow Chemical Manufacturer’s instructions when storing, handling, and dispensing pool chemicals.
- CHECK FOR DAMAGE Periodically check your pool and ladder components for damage and wear. Be sure all screws are in place. Replace all damaged or worn components and tighten all screws before you use the pool, deck, or ladders. At first, sign remove rust and touch up immediately.
- POOL PARTS Never modify the pool or accessories or remove or drill holes in the pool, deck, or ladder components unless instructed. Your pool wall is made of thin metal, there is an inherent cut hazard with metal so use gloves during installation. Always use Original Equipment Manufactured parts for your replacement parts.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: READ BEFORE INSTALLATION: The safety stickers/signs must be installed as per the following instructions. Failure to properly install warning labels will void the warranty. Failure to mount these safety labels may subject you to substantial liability in case of injury. These warnings are not to be removed under any circumstances! If they become discolored or fall off please request replacements that will be sent at no charge.
***PLACE SIGNS ON LINER ABOVE WATER LINE, OPPOSITE ENTRY TO POOL AS WELL AS ON THE WALL NEXT TO THE ENTRY.***
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? You can always contact us at email@example.com or choose the category below to see our most frequently asked questions for that topic: