While a safety cover lasts an average of 10-12 years, it is important to watch out for any signs that your safety cover is no longer safe and needs to be replaced.
Here is what you need to look for:
- The straps are starting to shred
- The stitching is coming loose
- The cover has noticeable holes (even small ones)
- The cover material is showing signs of dry rot or being brittle
- There's visual wear or deterioration in certain spots; worn areas are a hazard
- There's signs that insects or rodents treating the cover like a buffet
Most of these early warning signs of cover damage can be avoided altogether with proper care and storage of your safety cover during the off-season. Check out our blog post on caring for your safety cover here!
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? You can always contact us at email@example.com or choose the category below to see our most frequently asked questions for that topic: