Once or twice a year you are going to need to clean your salt cell to keep your system running smoothly, here are 8 steps you need to take to get it clean and running again!
Before you begin, you are going to need to have a mix of 1 part muratic acid and 5 parts water in a bucket to use as your cleaning solution. (Be sure the water is in the bucket before you add the acid!) Now, you can begin the cleaning process:
- Shut down your filtration system.
- Remove the cell by loosening the unions on each end (a union wrench or strap wrench can be used)
- Submerge cell into acid solution (let sit for 10 or so minutes)
- Use a cotton scrubber to remove calcium from blades (anything too abrasive will scratch the blades)
- Remove cell from solution and spray w high pressure hose inside and out
- Return cell to plumbing
- Reset control box
- Start filtration system
Once you are done cleaning your salt cell, you will need to neutralize your acid solution by adding a pound of soda ash or several pounds of baking soda so that you can safely dispose of it.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? You can always contact us at email@example.com or choose the category below to see our most frequently asked questions for that topic: