- Attach the vacuum head to the open end of the telescopic pole.
- Take one end of the hose and attach it to the top of the vacuum head.
- Place the vacuum head, pole, and hose in the pool. - all the way to the bottom so that the vacuum head rests on the floor of the pool.
- With the pump and filter running, take the other end of the hose and put it up against a return jet in the pool. This will push water through the hose and get all the air out. Bubbles will come out of the bottom of the vacuum. Once they stop, the air is out.
- If a vacuum plate is NOT being used, remove the basket inside the skimmer, block (with your hand) the end of the hose that has been filled up with water, and bring it over and into the skimmer. Make sure the hose is securely inserted into the suction hole at the bottom of the skimmer.
- If a vacuum plate is being used, attach it to the end of the hose that was up against the return jet, block the opening, and bring it over to the skimmer. Be sure to create a good seal or suction will be lost.This will create the suction from the vac head, through the hose, into the skimmer, and through the filter system. Now, it’s time to vacuum the pool.
NOTE: If suction is lost, just repeat steps 4 & 5.