We help you answer this question, specific to YOUR usage, in 3 easy steps!
In a typical situation, you should completely drain and refill your hot tub every 8-12 weeks.
The time between changing the water in your hot tub depends on your usage. Below is a mathematical equation to help you figure out when you should change your water.
- Take the total number of gallons your hot tub will hold and divide it by 3.
- Take this result and then divide it by the number of bathers you will have in your hot tub every day.
- This final number will represent the approximate number of days recommended go between changing the water in your hot tub.
If your hot tub hold 450 gallons of water and you have 2 users on an average daily basis, the formula would like this:
- 450 (gallons) divided by 3= 150
- 150 divided by 2 (number of users)= 75
- It is recommended to change the water in this hot tub every 75 days
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or choose the category below to see our most frequently asked questions for that topic: